Dark and deep gothic phrases about love, life and more

Are you looking for dark and deep phrases to express what you feel inside about darkness, sadness and loneliness? Here you will find gothic phrases from well-known authors that will represent you very well.

Dark and deep gothic phrases about love, life and more
Dark and deep gothic phrases about love, life and more

The best dark phrases

Gothic culture is very broad and when you start to be part of it in some way you develop your particular way of carrying it out. It can be from clothes, attitude, literature, music, movies and more. From all this you decide what represents you according to your moods and perception of the world. The phrases darkness are part of this huge world.

I have no doubt that you will feel represented or represented in one or more of these dark and profound phrases (and the poems that you will find in the next section).

dark phrases

The dark souls phrases reflect the discontent with society, the system, reality. Sadness, reflection and death are some of its characteristic features . If you have negative feelings on the surface you should know that you are not the only one, renowned authors went through the same thing and reflected it in their works, George Gerbert and Emily Dickinson are just two examples.

  • “Deep young faces, deeply marked, tear the soft satin of memory; and still hidden, outside of history, continues to hide the pain of the damned.”(Katherine Tynan)
  • “Darkness is my path… darkness my throne… and your agony my breath.”(Anonymous)
  • “Because I couldn’t stop before death, she kindly stopped before me; the carriage only locked us and immortality.” (Emily Dickinson)
  • “I am the star of the night, I am in the petals that bloom, in a silent room, in the birds that sing, in every little thing.” (Mary Elizabeth Frye)
  • “I only look for the darkness that has to hide my feelings and has to accompany me in my loneliness”. (Anonymous)
  • “I think I feel, at times, that my blood runs away from me in torrents, in sobs, like a fountain. I perfectly hear his sorrowful lament, but in vain I feel myself to find the wound.” (Charles Baudelaire)
  • “Don’t trust even your shadow because even it will abandon you when the darkness closes in on you.” (Anonymous)
  • “Do not go gentle into that good night, maturity should burn and feel anger at the end of the day; anger, anger against the death of light.” (Dylan Thomas)
  • “Loneliness sat next to me, and when it leaves me, I miss it!” (Anonymous)
  • “When my devotion could not pierce your silent ears; then my heart was broken, like my verses: my chest was full of disorder and fear.” (George Gerbert)

dark phrases of love

Love is one of the facets of life that can cause the most pain to anyone. An unrequited love , the departure of the first love or an abandonment are some of the circumstances that leave more wounds , the romantic gothic phrases reflect these feelings. If you are going through a heartbreak situation, you will find comfort and company among these gothic phrases of love.

  • “The twilight of love fades in the sky.” (Algernon Swinburne)
  • “Love, faithful love, in my mind remembered you, but how could I forget you? By what power, even in the smallest division of an hour, has he deceived me, blinded me, to my worst loss!” .(William Wordsworth)
  • “I am addicted to the poison of your lack of love, to the coldness of your gaze and the indifference of your words.” (Anonymous)
  • “When love or friendship owes the soul to tenderness, and tenderness should appear sincere in the eyes, the lips will be able to deceive by feigning a seductive and false smile; but the proof of emotion is shown in a tear.” (Lord Byron)
  • “On our pale lips have run the waters of oblivion that crown the love of all mortals.” (Ernest Downson)
  • “If it is simply the perfect that can only be expressed with negatives, then it is my love; to everything that everyone loves I say no.”(John Donna)
  • “Many times we have for love what is true misfortune”. (William Shakespeare)
  • “I suffer without showing my discontent and I love, even if I have to pretend to hate.” (Elizabeth I of England)
  • “Although invisible to many eyes, except to him whose reckless tongue is able to squeeze against his palate the fruit of joy, and whose soul, after drinking the sadness of his might, will be hung among his vast somber trophies.” (John Keats)
  • “I die strangely… Life doesn’t kill me, death doesn’t kill me, love doesn’t kill me; I die of a mute thought like a wound.” (Delmira Augustin)

**Did you like these gothic phrases of love to dedicate?
**

dark quotes of life

Life is made up of many moments, but when you are a goth, the ones you feel the most are the sad and dark ones, those in which it seems that there is no escape other than pain and suffering . Find among these phrases about darkness, agony and hopelessness the words you are looking for to represent the sensations in your soul .

  • “Without compassion we entered the night, leaving the noisy banquet, leaving behind a tremor in the memory of men, light, sweet, fragile as music.” (Robert Louis Stevenson)
  • “Farewell, dark and steep depths! Farewell, Strange Lands! Sweep, sweep the clouds from heaven, Open up your glorious kingdom of old!” (Charlotte Bronte)
  • “Soledad, your faithful friend, does not betray, is always with you.” (Anonymous)
  • “Crossing deserts and mountains, far away in the Country of Pain, for mornings, days and nights, or perhaps for months and years; with a torn beating heart, a thirsty and overwhelmed body, you will certainly reach your destination, in The Fountain of the Tears”. (Arthur William Edgar O’Shaughnessy)
  • “I want to express my anguish in verses that, abolished, will say my youth of roses and dreams, and the bitter deflowering of my life due to vast pain and small cares.” (Ruben Dario)
  • “My thoughts, like a brittle bow, flew through the four winds, each took its path: some to pleasure, others to war and thunder.” (George Gerbert)
  • “The wounds that are not seen are the deepest.” (William Shakespeare)
  • “Let me live like this, hidden, unknown, let me die like this, without being mourned, removed from the world, without even a tombstone announcing that I lie there.” (Alexander Pope)
  • “A thought lies close to his heart, deep sorrow of voluptuous heat, a dry grass in the rising river, a red tear running downstream.” (Algernon Charles Swinburne)
  • “Your indifference is my hell, there I am weak, infinitely small next to you”. (Mary Elizabeth Coleridge)

phrases of darkness

The dark, the pain, the loneliness, the anguish and many sensations related to the Gothic are very well reflected in the phrases of darkness. Analyzing reality is not bad, but the more you look at it, the more negativity and darkness you will find . Check out these quotes from authors like Edward Young, Charles Baudelaire , and Delmira Agustini to find ones that go with your sentiments.

  • “Silence and darkness! Solemn sisters! twins since the ancient night, that nurses the tender thought to reason, and on reason builds resolution”. (EdwardYoung)
  • “Jewels of darkness we have, brighter than the firefly.” (Mary Elizabeth Coleridge)
  • “The night has a thousand eyes, and the day only one; yet the light of the bright world dies with the dying sun.” (Francis William Bourdillon)
  • “I could be more alone without my Soledad, I am so used to my destiny, perhaps the other peace”. (Emily Dickinson)
  • “Silence and darkness! Solemn sisters! twins since the ancient night, that nurses the tender thought to reason, and on reason builds resolution”. (EdwardYoung)
  • “Premonition is that long shadow on the grass that indicates the sinking of the sun; the news runs through the fearful grass: the darkness is about to pass.” (Emily Dickinson)
  • “Fear death? Feel the mist in my throat, the mist on my face when the snows arrive, the gusts that announce that I am approaching; the power of the night, the force of the storm, the tireless stalking of the enemy” . (Robert Browning)
  • “Under the dazzling dawn of your illusion, my life will extend the ruins of a dull Averno; I come like the vampire of a cold night to get drunk on your new blood: I come to your life spilled in cocoons, like a frowning Winter!”. (Delmira Augustin)
  • “Goddess in the air scattered, flame of our underground, listen to this consumed soul that raises its rigid song towards you.” (Charles Baudelaire)
  • “Lie down on your bed of dust; taste the fruit you must bear, bring the eternal seed into the light, and your dawns shall be equal to night.” (AE Housman)

Phrases of light and darkness

They say the stars can’t shine without darkness, and when you think about it, it’s quite true. There are times when the environment and circumstances dim your light. And although light and darkness are opposites, they have a very strong relationship that unites them, since one would not exist if it were not for the other . That constant struggle is represented in these 10 phrases of light and darkness.

  • “Oh, unfortunate stars! Your destiny I lament. You who have illuminated the sea and the sailor, radiant sparkles that adorn the skies; gods and men have despised you: they do not love them, they have never learned to love.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
  • “The night is darkest just before dawn. I promise you. It won’t be long before dawn.” (Aaron Eckhart)
  • “Darkness is not strange to me.” (Hugh Jackman)
  • “Under this darkness the sky seems dead to me, I don’t need help. The ravens are my advisers.” (Anonymous)
  • “December, days of bitterness, barely dawn and it’s already dark night.” (Anonymous)
  • “Commune with my devouring body! My soul nailed your soul like a golden star; your forehead will flourish like an opima land, when on your tragic and deep pillow like a chasm, my curls spill like a fountain of gold!” . (Delmira Augustin)
  • “It’s not that I was terrified of seeing horrible things, but I was terrified of not seeing anything.” (Edgar Allan Poe)
  • “A dark finish for a brilliant highlighter.” (Anonymous)
  • “And so I opened the door wide, and what did I see? The darkness and nothing else!” (Edgar Allan Poe)
  • “After all the things I’d seen and been through, I knew shadows could be dangerous. They could have teeth.” (Stephen King)

sad gothic phrases

Sadness is part of life, but when you live in the dark it is an everyday feeling. It is also a way of expressing yourself and showing what you feel inside: crying, loneliness and anguish are some of its characteristics. Get to know the most poetic side of sadness in these words from renowned authors .

  • “Of an immense thought that takes root in life devouring soul and flesh, and fails to flower? Did you never carry a sleeping star inside that embraced you whole and did not give a gleam?” (Delmira Augustin)
  • “If the firmness of some feelings or the mere thought were enough for me, the world could end tomorrow that you would never know a grave.” (AE Housman)
  • “What importance has your kindness? Be beautiful and be sad, tears add charm to your face like rain to the landscape, the storm rejuvenates the flowers.” (Charles Baudelaire)
  • “I am alone: ​​despite love, despite what I take and what I give, despite all your tenderness, sometimes it weighs me to live.” (Sarah Teasdale)
  • “How strange it is that man on earth should err, and lead a life of sadness, but do not abandon his rugged path, nor dare to contemplate alone his fatal destiny, which is but awakening.” (John Keats)
  • “Vague memories, memories nothing more. But in the grave everyone, everyone will be renewed.” (W.B. Yeats)
  • “I am the fruit of harshness and curse: I bitter and mortally stain the lip that touches me; my kiss is the dark flower of a very long Autumn”. (Delmira Augustin)
  • “Coil up; oh serpent fallen from my dark star! to my ardent spring trunk… I will turn off your night or I will embed myself in it: I will be in your black skies the beacon of a star I will be in your cloudy seas the star of a beacon!” . (Delmira Augustin)
  • “Somehow I survived the night and entered the day. The saved is enough for his salvation even if he doesn’t know how.” (Emily Dickinson)
  • “Be my good or my bad, I will live in your life! I link my ivy of Illusion to your thorns… I will be in you a dove that nests in a ruin; I am white, and sweet, and light; take me through life lit as a lily over your heart!” (Delmira Augustin)

**What do you think of these gothic phrases of disappointment?
**

dark poems to share

If there is a branch of art that inspired and nurtured Gothic culture, it is poetry. Edgar Allan Poe was one of the authors most related to themes such as darkness, the gothic, sadness and loneliness, but there are other great authors of darkness poems such as Alejandra Pizarnik and Percy Shelley who wrote dark lyrics that you will love.

“Spirits of the Dead” by Edgar Allan Poe

Your soul, on the gray stone tomb
alone will lie with gloomy thoughts;
Nobody, in all that intimacy, will penetrate
the thin hour of your Secret,

Be silent in that stillness,
which is not Solitude, since
The Spirits of the Dead,
who preceded you in Life,
will surround you in Death,
and with Shadows, your stillness will bind;

The Night, so clear, will darken,
and the stars will snatch their brightness
from their high thrones in Heaven,
with their light of hope for mortals,
but their red spheres, off,
in your weariness will have the form of Fever and Flames ,
and they will claim you forever.

Now they are thoughts you will not banish,
Now they are visions almost fading;
They will never pass from your Spirit,
as the dewdrop dies on the grass

The breeze, breath of God, is motionless,
and the mist on the hill
Shadowy, shadowy, and at the same time untouchable,
Is a Sign and a Symbol.
How it spreads over the trees,
Mystery of Mysteries!

“Alastor, or the Spirit of Solitude” by Percy Shelley

Earth, Ocean, Air, beloved brotherhood!
If our great Mother has impregnated my will
With some pity to feel her love,
And rewards her favor with mine,
If the dewy morning, and the fragrant noon, and more than that,
The twilight and its magnificent ministers,
And the tickle of the solemn and silent midnight;
If the howl of Autumn that sighs in the wood,
And winter’s dress is crowned with the purity
Of starry ice on ragwort and bare branches;
If the voluptuous gasp of Spring when
she breathes Her first sweet kisses, -so dear to me-;
If no bright bird, insect, or gentle beast
I have deliberately harmed, and instead seen
In them my own race; then forgive
this boasting, dear brethren,
and keep for me a portion of your favours.

“Waiting for the Dark” by Alejandra Pizarnik

That moment that is not forgotten,
So empty returned by the shadows,
So empty rejected by the clocks,
That poor moment adopted by my tenderness,
Nude naked of blood from wings,
Without eyes to remember anguishes of yesteryear,
Without lips to collect the juice of the violence
lost in the song of the frozen bell towers.

Help him blind soul girl,
put your hair frosted by fire;
Hug him little horror statue.
Point out the convulsed world at your feet,
At your feet where the swallows die
Shivering with fear in the face of the future.
Tell him that the sighs of the sea
moisten the only words
that are worth living for.

But that sweaty moment of nothing,
Curled up in the cave of destiny
Without hands to say never,
Without hands to give butterflies
To dead children.

Sad and discouraging phrases

There are many more dark and deep quotes about sadness, death and to cry in the most painful moments. In them you can find the words to express the feelings you have inside .

  • About sadness . A heartbreak, a loss or a disappointment are just some of the possible causes of sadness. It is a feeling that we all go through and sometimes it is more intense than others. Find out more about her in the best quotes from famous authors.
  • About death . Part of life and a source of inspiration for so many artists, death is a subject that is not easy to deal with. Know the words about the death of writers, musicians, painters and thinkers in general.
  • To cry . There are days when the sadness is so much that you need to cry to release that discomfort, accompany these moments with phrases to cry, those written by authors who went through situations similar to yours.